Monday, April 11, 2011

Intensity V.S. Volume

Hey guys, 


You know, for parts like bar 75 of the Icelandic Song, Mr Tay is always telling us to be quiet but intenseso guess wot? 


While I was studying, I came up with this great analogy. 


You know right, if you check out the shower in your bathroom. The tap can move vertically or horizontally? Well, let's just imagine, that you want cold water to come out in a big amount. You turn the tap sideways and upwards, right? 


So... in the same way, you have to go 2 directions when you are singing. Whether it's greater intensity or less intensity. Whether it's loud or soft and quiet. And BTW, loud does not mean greater intensity all the time okaay? 


I know this analogy is pretty funny. But I sing better when I imagine it as something else. Haha, am I weird? But I hope this helps you to see the difference, especially those newbies out there. (: 


Okay, let's pray hard for a GOLD WITH HONOURS for our SYF kay. But the thing is, we should just give our best. I think God will be pleased with that. 


Bye, (have to study for history nao) 


Barberella barberella barrrberellaaeee 


p.s guess who?